Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Daughter's Wedding

My Daughter's Wedding 

My daughter got married on March 16, 2013,  in a lovely chapel in Pigeon, Forge, Tennessee.  She has been a single mom for 23 years.  Her youngest daughter is a senior at Eastern Kentucky University with a major in Fashion Design, so she basically designed her mother's wedding dress; I made the pattern; and we sewed it together. 
 


 
 
Lani (my daughter) then asked me to make an heirloom dress for her soon-to-be granddaughter.

And then to complete the wedding project, I made a suit and blouse for myself.  I have to give the suit jacket total credit to my friend, Rhonda Buss of Rhonda's Creative Life.  I wasn't sure how to create the pleats on the lapel the way I wanted, and she graciously created a pattern on her website.  She called it "Jenny's Jacket," and it worked perfectly into what I had in mind.  I lined the jacket with a floral print silk and then made a blouse to match.  And I was even able to find shoes to match the blouse.





 



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE them all. What a great family of designers!!! Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! You´re all sooooo talented!!! Wonderful job!!! Big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete