Monday, March 18, 2013

Winter Cold

Winter Cold

After the wedding it is back to the cold weather and skiing in Vermont.  I made a Faux Fur Hoodie Jacket, lined in a gold and bronze satin, with a purse to match.
 
The fur was quite easy with which to work.  I simply used a very narrow, short zigzag stitch over the edges of the seam.  Do NOT iron this fabric.  It melts!!  I just finger pressed the seam from the fur side and brushed (with my fingers) the fur over the seam.  I inset pockets into the side seams.
 
The faux fur was purchased from Donna Salyer Fabulous Furs in Covington, Kentucky.  She has several different furs, and I have worked with many of them.  I will share the other photos as we advance with this blog.
 
The jacket is very warm, and everyone loves it.



I trimmed the purse in faux leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment