Monday, April 8, 2013

Rhonda's Ballerina Drape

 

BALLERINA DRAPE

Today I want to feature a sweater drape that I made from one of Rhonda Buss' free patterns that she offers on her blog/site on Fridays.  She is such a talented lady and so generous to share her ideas and designs.  I quite often make her patterns.  And if you like to sew or just love fashion, you should check out her blog  http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/.  Or follow her on Pinterest, Rhonda's Creative Life.


The first sweater is made of a multi-colored, loose weave, sweater knit with three-quarter length sleeves.
I have it pictured over a cotton knit Tee that I made and embellished with a self-fabric ruffle around the neckline.

The second drape is for summer months, and is made of a loose weave, fishnet cotton knit.  I lengthened the sleeves and made the sweater itself longer.

This drape is so easy to make that even a beginner sewer could do it.  The whole thing took less than an hour to make, if you don't count actually making the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment