Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring on the Horizon

As spring starts peaking through I am looking for something new to wear to my work as a court reporter.  As a free-lancer I go somewhere different every day, so I really don't need a lot of different outfits, as I rarely see the same group of people two days in a row.

I really liked this Vogue pattern for the jacket, but I have to say it was not the easiest to make.

The skirt, on the other hand, was extremely easy to make.  A very simple straight skirt with a slit in the back instead of a kick pleat.  The fabric for this skirt was another Chanel and rather expensive, so I purchased just one yard and had to make do.  Therefore, I fringed the hem and love the way it turned out.
 
Both the jacket and the skirt are made of fabrics purchased from Helen Haughey, www.helenhaugheydesigns.com.
 
And, of course, I must picture Miss Cuddles, who is always there to make sure I am doing the job right.
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny, love this suit. The jacket is a lovely design and beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have stumbled upon your blog. I like your jackets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bundle. I have taken off work for the summer so hope to be more diligent about posting things.

      Delete