Friday, February 14, 2014

Brown Polka Dot Blouse

Anne Klein Blouse

     I made a blouse to go with the unmatched plaid.  Once again, it was a major challenge.  For many years I refused to make blouses, as I just didn't like making them.  Then I took a couture class with Susan Khalje and learned some great fitting techniques and decided blouses just couldn't be that hard if I could make a French jacket, so off I went to start making blouses.
 
     The first several I made were easy and I loved and wore them often.  Then I moved on to more complicated patterns, which I like a challenge.  It seems that as I have moved forward the blouse patterns have gotten more and more challenging, and this one was no exception.



The pattern is a Vogue, Anne Klein.  The back of the sleeve and the back yolk are all one piece with pleats that run into the seam and are on the back of the sleeve itself.  Took some figuring out to put that together correctly, but I succeeded after tearing it out a few times.
 
Can anyone explain to me why when you make a buttonhole sample in the exact same fabric and exact same number of layers, interfacing, etc., the sample turns out perfect and when you do it on the garment it self -----------
 
------you get this?!!!!!
I even used Sulky Tear-away as an envelop around the front and back in hopes that would keep it even.
 
The finished blouse is nice

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment