Monday, April 28, 2014

MEMORIES

FIRST EVENING GOWN

     While watching the Academy Awards, I saw a gown on the Red Carpet that sparked a distant memory.  That of the very first evening own I ever made, at the age of 16.  I was an officer in Rainbow Girls, and as such we were required to wear evening gowns for installation of officers and initiation of new members.  The dress I made was very similar to a dress displayed on the Red Carpet.
     As I was wishing I had kept the dress, I remembered that my mother had had my portrait made in the dress to give to my father for Fathers' Day, and I still have the portrait.
     So, here is the very first evening gown I ever made:
The points actually had boning in them.  I had no idea how to insert boning, but just followed the directions on the pattern instructions.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment